Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
(original recipe found here, serves 4 - 6)
For the Chicken:
- 24 oz of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 16 oz of fat free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce (I use Frank's)
For the wraps:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles
1. In a crockpot, combine the chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the broth isn't enough).
2. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
3. Once the cook time is up, remove the chicken from the pot, and discard the rest of the broth.
4. Shred the chicken, and add it back to the crockpot (if it's not still hot, turn the crockpot on low).
5. Add the buffalo sauce to the chicken and mix well, making sure all of the chicken is coated.
6. For the lettuce wraps - serve the shredded chicken inside of your lettuce cup, top with carrots, and a pinch of blue cheese crumbles. Enjoy!