Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 to 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 head of broccoli, florets only
- 1 (8 oz) bag of sugar snap peas
- 2 cups of shitake mushrooms, sliced into strips
1 (8 oz) can of baby sweet corn
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: sesame seeds, for topping
1. Place the red pepper, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and mushrooms into a large skillet (or wok) on medium-high heat.
2. Add the sesame oil and soy sauce (choose how many tbsp are to your liking) to the pan, and toss the vegetables around to coat them.
3. Sprinkle the dried ginger, onion powder, and salt & pepper over top and once again stir the vegetables around the pan to make sure the spices are evenly distributed.
4. Cook the vegetables for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
5. When the vegetables are about done, add the baby corn and shrimp, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6. Optional: Sprinkle sesame seeds over top before serving.
Since I'm on the low-carb dinner plan for a while I ate this dish as is, but feel free to serve over top of rice or noodles. Both would be delicious!