- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 mini bell peppers, chopped (I used one orange, yellow and red)
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of fajita seasoning (I used Penzey's)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Optional: Hamburger buns
Additonal optional toppings:
- A pinch of low-fat shredded Mexican cheese, for each burger
- Tomato slices (or salsa)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, peppers, onion, garlic, and seasonings.
2. Once the ingredients are mixed all together, form the mixture into burger patties (the size of each patty is up to you here).
3. Spray the bottom of a grill pan with cooking spray and cook the patties over medium-high heat (flipping once) until fully cooked.
4. Optional (if you want toppings): Once the patties are done, sprinkle a pinch of cheese over top each burger.
5. As soon as the cheese has melted, remove from the grill pan and serve with guacamole and tomato slices (or toppings of your choice).
As you can see, I decided to pair these burgers with a side of baked sweet potato "fries". I would recommend you do the same, they definitely were a nice touch.