Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
(makes 16 meatballs)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce
- 2 tbsp light butter
- Cooking spray
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Optional: carrot & celery sticks, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray the bottom of a baking sheet with the cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, parsley, and salt & pepper.
4. Form the meat mixture into 16 small meatballs with your hands, and place them on the baking sheet.
5. Bake the meatballs at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes (or until golden brown).
6. When the meatballs are about done, heat the butter in a large skillet on medium heat.
7. Add the buffalo sauce to the skillet and whisk together with the butter.
8. Once the meatballs are done baking, add them to the skillet and toss in the sauce to coat.
9. Serve the meatballs on a platter with a side of blue cheese (and some toothpicks on the side for a party).
10. Optional: Add carrot & celery sticks alongside the meatballs.