Zucchini Basil Frittata
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs together and lightly season with a pinch of salt & pepper.
3. In an ovenproof skillet (size is up to you depending on how thin or thick you want it), heat the olive oil over medium heat.
4. Add the zucchini to the skillet, season with salt & pepper, and saute for a few minutes.
5. After 2 minutes, stir in the ricotta and fresh basil, making sure all ingredients are evenly distributed.
6. Pour the eggs over top of your ingredients, reduce your heat to low, and stir for a minute.
7. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for about 8 to 12 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked and have gently risen.
8. Cut into wedges, and serve (with fruit salad for breakfast or mixed greens for lunch or dinner).