Since my last few posts have been mainly holiday focused, I thought I'd have a little rant session today where I bring you up to speed on what's new.
1. I'm secretly dreaming of this cup of hot chocolate. I've been on a major health kick lately, and I'm really trying to behave myself in the eating (and drinking) department. Sugar is bad. But, there's nothing wrong with staring at yummy foods (that I'm not allowing myself to eat) all day long, right?
2. On a more serious note, I'm still totally devastated by the recent events in Connecticut. What is happening in our country? The victims and their families are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.
3. The holidays are just around the corner and I'm so excited to spend time with my family. It's time like these that really remind you what's important in your life.
4. The reason for the lack of recipes lately is that I've been keeping things fairly simple in the cooking department (health kick - remember?). My dinners consist of a protein of choice and lots and lots of veggies. Not terribly exciting, but I am noticing a difference in my body and that's the motivating factor in it all.
5. I will try and get back to more recipes in the future. Promise.
6. I am obsessed with my Christmas tree this year, and really want to leave it up for the next few months. It brings a huge smile to my face every time I walk in the door. It's the little things.
7. You all need a pair of these. It was my first present of the season (from my guy) and I never want to take them off.
8. How is it only Tuesday? The holidays are really drawing out the work week this week.
Tell me some of your random "things". I know we all have them.