For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil, separated
For the topping:
- 1 plum tomato, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup of fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Dash of dried basil
- Dash of salt & pepper
Optional: fresh basil, for topping
1. In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients for the topping (except the fresh basil), cover, and set aside.
2. With a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken into thin pieces.
3. Prep your dredging station by combining the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on a small plate.
4. Then heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat.
5. Coat each chicken breast in the bread crumb/cheese mixture, making sure both sides of the chicken are covered.
6. Place the coated chicken in the large skillet, and brown on one side for about 5-7 minutes. Then flip each chicken breast over, and add the last tbsp of olive oil to the pan.
7. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until fully cooked on both sides.
8. Remove the chicken from the skillet and drain over a paper towel to soak up any of the extra olive oil.
9. Plate and spoon the bruschetta topping over each of the chicken breasts. Optional: Top the chicken with a bit of fresh basil.