It was a low key night that was necessary after a long week. Saturday the boyfriend and I were off to the burbs to have our first Thanksgiving (of the year) with his family. As I mentioned, he will be joining me in Florida this year, so we thought it would be nice to have an additional Thanksgiving with his family. His mom and sister are fun to work with in the kitchen, and the three of us put together what I thought was a great meal.
-Turkey (his mom)
- Stuffing (his mom)
- Gravy (his mom + sister)
- Sweet potatoes with some amazing pecan/butter topping (his sister)
- Individual potato au gratins (me)
- Roasted broccoli (me)
The meal came out great. Everything was delicious! And of course, no meal is complete without dessert. Here is the no-bake pumpkin cheesecake that I made, which came out awesome!
The recipe is a simple one.
No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
(adapted from here)
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tub 8 oz cool whipped topping, thawed
(plus extra cool whip if you want to put some on top, I didn't think it was needed)
- 1 (6 oz) graham cracker pie crust
1. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, + pumpkin pie spice on medium heat.
2. Once the mixture is well blended, gently stir in the cool whip topping.
3. After the cool whip is evenly combined with the mixture, spoon it evenly into the pie crust.
4. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (or overnight). Serve with extra cool whip (if you choose).
P.S. This recipe was so good that I'm actually making it again for my own family's Thanksgiving.
After a lovely Thanksgiving dinner, we headed back to the city for an early night of sleep as I knew I was going to spend my entire Sunday doing laundry, packing, and anything else I needed to do to get ready for my trip, and that is exactly what I did. This afternoon I am off for a week of time with my family + friends. Don't worry I will be blogging from there, AND I even have an awesome giveaway you should look out for this coming week (it should be up day after Thanksgiving, I can't wait!). I hope you all enjoyed your weekends as much as I did!