Pumpkin Cannoli Cones
(recipe adapted from here, makes 8)
Ingredients:- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (We used Sorrento's part skim)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 (small) sugar cones
- 2 large handfuls of chocolate chips, separated
1. In a medium-sized bowl (or Kitchenaid mixer), whip heavy whipping cream.
2. Set aside the whip cream, and in a large bowl mix the pumpkin, ricotta, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla all together. Whip for 1 minute.
3. Carefully fold in the whipped cream with your pumpkin mixture.
4. Once all of the ingredients are mixed together, add your first handful of chocolate chips to the bowl and gently stir in.
5. Place the pumpkin + chocolate chip mixture into a large ziploc bag. Seal the bag, twist, and cut a hole (big enough to pipe the mixture into the sugar cones) at the bottom.
6. Fill the sugar cones with the mixture, top with your second handful of chocolate chips and serve.
These came out SO good and were a hit with all of the girls on Friday night. Such an easy treat that tastes like you were slaving all day. Gotta love that!
*Additional recommendation: From whipping all of the ingredients, the whipping cream and ricotta become a little warmer than their typical temperature. It would be a good idea to put the mixture in the fridge for 15-20 minutes or so before piping it into the sugar cones. That's the only thing Lara and I both agreed we would change. Enjoy!