Last Friday night, I had a special dinner request from my boyfriend for beef tacos. When it comes to tacos, I think he knows all he has to do is ask. It is very unlikely that I'd ever turn that request down. It's a quick and easy meal to throw together that tastes delicious. Once we finished our tacos, there was a ton of seasoned ground beef leftover and I immediately began brainstorming on what I as going to do with it. Since I've been trying to lower my carb intake, I knew it was going to be a meat & bean bowl of some sort. I threw a bunch of my leftover ingredients together and came up with.. the Taco Bowl.
- Leftover seasoned taco meat (Mine was ground beef this time, but I think turkey would work just as well. I'd say there was a little more than a cup if you're looking for exact measurements.)
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1/2 cup of avocado, chopped
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- 1/2 cup of salsa of your choice (I went with Trader Joe's fresh mild salsa)
1. Place the meat, beans, and avocado in a small to medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Add the garlic powder, ground black pepper, and lime juice and mix all together. You want to make sure the entire mixture has been coated.
3. Top with salsa of your choice, and enjoy!
Super easy, right? This may be one of the easiest combinations I've ever thrown together, and it was definitely one of the tastiest. Say so long to the burrito bowl, and hello to the taco bowl. I promise you won't miss the rice.
P.S. Today I'm participating in the Fave Diets Blog Hop. I can't wait to check out what everyone has posted!