Every couple of weeks I try to get together with the same group of girls to try out a new brunch spot. This past Sunday the group was a little bigger than normal (there were 5 of us), and we all could not wait to check out Sable as we had heard so many good things. So now let's get on to the review so I can share
our my thoughts.
Restaurant: Sable Kitchen & Bar
Cuisine: (New) American
Neighborhood: River North
Ambiance: I absolutely loved the feel of the restaurant. Very chic and inviting.
Things You Should Know:
1) They take reservations (which I think I have mentioned before is very rare for brunch in Chicago).
2) Outdoor seating is available (however I don't think they had tables big enough to seat more than 4 people).
3) The service was great. Since we were a group of 5 girls who love to chat, it took a while before we even looked down at our menus. We never once felt rush. If anything, our waiter kept insisting to take all the time we needed. I loved this!
4) They were very accommodating, letting us substitute/change around certain menu items until they were to our liking.
5) The menu has a little bit of everything - salty & sweet.
My Menu Picks: When it comes to brunch I always order something to drink. The tough decision is usually between a cocktail and a cup of coffee. This time I was feeling the need for caffeine so right away I asked for an iced coffee and what was brought out looked super fancy. I believe they froth their milk, making the coffee look that much more enticing. It did not disappoint. It was delicious and hit the spot.
For my meal, I went ahead and stuck with a classic, and one of my very favorite breakfast foods - Eggs Benedict.
The food tasted just as good as it looked. It was great. All of the other girls each ordered something different and all were extremely pleased with their menu choices.
Favorite Bite: The combination of the yummy ice coffee and delicious eggs benedict was delightful. So I guess you could say everything was my favorite?
Final Thoughts: I (along with all of the other girls) truly enjoyed brunch and definitely plan on going back. Next time I think I will have the black bean and cheese enchiladas. I got to taste a small bite and they were amazing!
Sable Kitchen & Bar
505 N. State St.
Chicago, IL 60654
Overall Rating: CC
Price Range: $$ (for Brunch)