Baked Gnocchi with Kale
(serves 4 as a main dish)
- 1 (17.5 oz) package of gnocchi
- 1 bunch of kale
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions.
2. Once the gnocchi is done, strain it and place back in the same pot on low heat.
3. To the pot, add in the kale, garlic, chicken broth, salt & pepper. Stir all together with the gnocchi until combined.
4. Place the gnocchi and kale combination in a rectangular baking dish and spread across the bottom so that it is evenly distributed.
5. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over top the gnocchi (the amount here is to your liking, I am usually pretty generous as I like a lot of cheese).
6. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
7. Optional: Put the dish under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes until the cheese becomes golden brown.
While this recipe makes for a great side dish, it honestly would be delicious on its own for dinner. Give it a try, even the pickiest eaters have liked this one.